The mission of the Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences is to provide the highest level of education, research, and service in communication sciences and disorders.
We do this through implementation of the following goals:
- Providing exceptional education, training, and mentoring to students at all levels (undergraduate, professional graduate, research graduate)
- Conducting innovative research that makes life-long impacts on our discipline and on society
- Serving the community through our provision of affordable and quality clinical services in the areas of speech, language, and hearing
- Developing and disseminating models of education and clinical service that can be shared domestically and internationally
- Forming collaborative partnerships with other community organizations, campus units, and governmental and non-governmental agencies that can aid in advancing our departmental mission
- Continuing to foster a culture of inclusion that values diversity and seeks to support individuals from all cultures, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and sexual orientations