To declare or change your major to HESP, complete the following steps:

  1. Make an appointment with the HESP Undergraduate Advisor to learn more about the major and career opportunities in the hearing and speech fields. At the conclusion of the appointment, the Undergraduate Advisor will give the student a signed “Change of Major” form.
  2. Attend an Academic Planning Workshop to learn how to develop an academic plan. The purpose of the academic plan is to help students learn their major requirements and earn their degrees in a timely manner. To sign up for a workshop, contact BSOS Advising (301-405-1697, 2148 Tydings Hall) or go to
  3. Submit the “Change of Major” form and the completed academic plan to BSOS Advising (2148 Tydings Hall). The academic plan will be reviewed and approved within 10 business days. An email will be sent to the student about the status of his/her plan. If a student’s plan is denied, he/she will need to meet with a college advisor before proceeding.
Last modified
09/07/2021 - 12:38 pm